My book, "Beginning WebGL for HTML5" has been published by Apress and is available for purchase.
About the Book
Beginning WebGL for HTML5 gets you rapidly up to speed with WebGL, a powerful new graphics language within the browser. You'll render realistic scenes with advanced lighting models, shadows, blending and textures. You'll also use mathematics to model fractals and particle systems. Going beyond that, Beginning WebGL for HTML5 presents advanced vertex and fragment shader usage for creating stunning, top-end results.
You'll benefit from using modern frameworks to rapidly develop complex scenes, and make use of many tools to help improve rendering performance and debugging. Beginning WebGL for HTML5 builds your critical WebGL development skills while being enjoyable at each step of the way.
What you'll learn
- Quickly get up to speed with WebGL
- A scene setup and rendering refresher
- Advanced GLSL usages
- Rendering realistic scenes with lighting, blending, reflections, shadows and more
- Work faster with frameworks
- Performance optimizations
- The current state of WebGL mobile support
Who this book is for
Beginning WebGL for HTML5 is for the graphics enthusiast who is ready to bring their skillset to the next level and create more realistic, beautiful scenes. Beginning WebGL for HTML5 is a great choice for someone with existing OpenGL or Canvas 2D knowledge wanting to transition to WebGL. It is an excellent choice for those wanting to have high performance graphics coded in minimal time.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 01 - Setting the Scene
- Chapter 02 - Shaders 101
- Chapter 03 - Textures and Lighting
- Chapter 04 - Increasing Realism
- Chapter 05 - Physics
- Chapter 06 - Fractals, Height Maps and Particle Systems
- Chapter 07 - Productivity Tools and Frameworks
- Chapter 08 - Three.JS
- Chapter 09 - Debugging and Performance
- Chapter 10 - Tips & Tricks